"Gee, it's almost like I am getting you ready to move out..."

 As I was looking over the things that I have gathered thus far for my son's mission.  I turned to him and said, "Gee, it's almost like I am getting you ready to move out or something."
My son looked at me and said, "Uh, Mom you are." 
Oops, wasn't thinking.


While the world around me is all a buzz preparing for Christmas my mind is elsewhere.  As I have poured over lists and scurried from here to there it has not become real to me yet.  I know he is going soon, but as a Momma bird who has never had a nestling leave this is a new experience.

Those of you who have done this are likely nodding your heads and muttering quietly, "yup."
My little clutch of chicks is not so small anymore.  My nest is teaming with a variety of nestlings.  Some are small, midsized and the others have nearly out grown the nest.

I am excited for my son and for the rest who will one day perch on the rim of the nest and say, "Love you Mom, see you soon." 
And fly away.

Comments

  1. Very well said. It was hard for me when my kids left the nest, I was sad to see them go. Now that they are out there making their way in the world I notice that is when they need moms advice more then ever, or that is when they decide to start asking it. You will have heartache when they do and joy when they do just like when they lived at home but now they are spreading those wings flying their own way, and they will come back home often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts